Products and System Certification
Reputed product approvals and certifications like UL, CSA, VDE, ATEX and CE and quality systems which adhere to ISO 9001:2015 are essential for Connectwell, as this speaks about the quality we would deliver to our customers. We understand and believe that reliable and predictable service is essential, hence the approvals are required to sustain in the global market.
Why these certifications are important?
• Safety: We ensure that our products comply with relevant safety standards, while government regulations are generally intended to protect populations from potential risks associated with products.
• Quality: We assure the best quality of products.
• Consistency: We want to be sure our marketed products comply with the sample assessed. We want to build consistency in our products through assessment and market survey.
Who is benefited from these certifications?
• Governments: Can reduce barriers caused by different certification criteria of countries.
• Industry: Can reduce delays and costs of multiple testing since a product can be certified once by a single National Certification Body (NCB) which can be accepted by others worldwide, usually without the need for further product assessment. It reduces the time of market acceptability.
• End-users: However anyone using a product which has been tested and certified using the certifications and product approvals has the assurance that the goods purchased will perform as per expectations and are reasonably safe when used as intended.
Types of Certifications and Product Approvals
• UL(Underwriters Laboratories) approvals are on par with UL standards. Products can be used in industrial applications without restrictions, Connectwell Products are generally tested and recognized under UL 1059 standard. Connectwell has the inhouse UL accredited Laboratory. Our quality control laboratory has been approved for 'Witness Test Data Program' by Underwriters Laboratories (UL). This ensures that the quality testing carried out by our laboratory is not only accurate but also acceptable to the most stringent third-party product testing organizations
• CSA (Canadian Standards Association) is the solution to marketing in Canada and the United States. Our products are certified as per the CSA 22.2 standards.
• CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area. This certification follows the European directives.
• LR (Lyold’s Register) is the marine application certification. This certification is available for a wide range of products that can be used in marine and offshore applications & industrial plant and processes.
• IECCB Operated by the IEC System of Conformity Assessment Schemes for Electrotechnical Equipment and Components. Test reports and certificates dealing with the safety of electrical and electronic components, equipment and products.
• Modular Terminal Blocks solution for Explosive Atmosphere. The ATEX - IECEx Directive besides taking into account the electrical sources of the explosion, also considers potentially explosive concentrations of gas, vapour or mist along with dust in the air.
• Condition of Safe Use – increased safety "e"
The Terminal Blocks are suitable to mount on DIN35/ DIN32/ DIN15 as applicable. The Terminal blocks are suitable for use in ATEX / IECEx certified enclosure with a minimum IP rating of IP 54. The terminal block has to be built into the enclosure with the type of protection "t" (complying with IEC/EN60079-31)" standard when placed in dust atmosphere. The terminal blocks are suitable for maximum service temperature 85°C, considering the self-heating when used at rated current with specified maximum conductor size & at an ambient temperature range of -40°C to +40°C at mounting position.
When the Terminal Blocks are used in electrical apparatus, the highest temperature of the insulating material shall not exceed the max value of the temperature 85 °C. When these terminal blocks are mounted, the minimum creepage and clearance distances shall be maintained for respective voltage rating, with neighbouring terminal blocks. Proper care should be taken for stranded wire type of connection in terminal blocks so that conductors do not get damaged while installation.
Installation instruction - Intrinsic Safety “i”
IEC/EN 60079-14 Clause 12 states Modular Terminal Blocks as simple apparatus when used in intrinsically safe circuits.
Testing by a notified body and marking is not required. If Terminal Blocks are identified as part of an intrinsically circuit are marked by colour, the colour used shall be light blue. Testing for compliance to intrinsically safe requirements including clearance, creep age, and solid insulation distances specified in IEC/EN 60079-0 and IEC/EN 60079-11 have been performed for circuits up to 60 V. Compliance with distance requirements of IEC/EN 60079-14 Clause 12.2.3 for the connection of separated intrinsically safe circuit accessories are met. A minimum distance of 50 mm to separate clamping units of intrinsically safe and non-intrinsically safe circuits is required by using a partition plate or spacer or similar device.
System Approval ISO 9001:2015
At Connectwell the Product Development cycle, production & assembly of components and supply are all controlled by an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
The RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive 2011/65/EU dated 8th June 2011 addresses the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Producers of certain categories of electrical and electronic equipment cannot use high levels of the following six banned substances:
• Lead (Pb)
• Hexavalent chromium (Cr-VI)
• Mercury (Hg)
• Cadmium (Cd)
• Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) [flame retardant]
• Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) [flame retardant]
On 4 June 2015, the EU Commission has published a new Directive (EU) 2015/863 to amend Annex II to EU RoHS 2 (Directive 2011/65/EU) to add the following 4 phthalates onto the list of restricted substances
• Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)
• Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP)
• Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
• Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)
REACH is the regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council of 18, concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals. Implemented on 1st June 2007, REACH requires the registration of some 30000 chemical substances (over 11 years) in use today, a process which will allow to fill information gaps on the hazards of substances and to identify appropriate risk management measures to ensure their safe use. European Chemical Agency (ECHA) has listed various Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC).
Connectwell Products not only fulfil Customers’ needs and requirements of standards and specifications but also surpass the same. More than four decades of incessant dedication and commitment have made Connectwell a synonym for ….THE RIGHT CONNECTION.